Biphasic Sleeping

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

2nd "Nap"

I took my 3 hour nap as usual and was very successful with getting up, exercising, and ironing my clothes. I wasn't very tired when I went to sleep, but I wanted to get in 3 hours rather than 1 1/2. For some reason, I thought that 3 hours would be better even though I wasn't that tired-even after only getting 4 1/2 hours of sleep the previous night.
Well, when my alarm went off after the 3 hours, I REALLY didn't want to get up, let alone exercise again. It felt like I had only exercised about 10 minutes before!
I intentionally did NOT exercise because I did NOT want to wake up. I was being a bit stubborn! Instead, I set my alarm on my cell phone to give me 20 minutes to get ready for work (lucky I ironed beforehand!) and took another nap on the couch.
I think I'm going to try the 1 1/2 hours for the second sleep since it worked so well. I convinced myself that it wasn't long enough, even though I had no evidence to support my theory.
Tonight's plan:
sleep 3 hours
exercise, iron, etc
sleep 1 1/2 hours
exercise, have time alone doing stuff, go to work

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home