Biphasic Sleeping

Monday, November 27, 2006

New Plan

Hey, Anna, this blog is starting to look like the notebook... Who has that, anyway??


Here is my new biphasic sleep schedule:
I go to bed around 9:30ish. I sleep for three hours. I get up for awhile. Then I go back to bed and sleep for either one and a half or three hours (probably the latter, with how I've been feeling...). Night's bedtime has been moved back an hour to 10:00, so I go to bed earlier. Since I am going to bed earlier, I can sleep longer and still get up and do stuff, leaving plenty of time to sleep afterwards. I think it'll be good. The thought of waking up just an hour and a half after going to bed has seemed daunting lately. The 3 hour time period seemed to help last night.
I have done this schedule for 2 nights now. It has seemed to work pretty well. Boy have I had some crazy dreams, though! I dreamt that I was flying. I dreamt that I was in a snowstorm (not likely here in Nashville-even when it does snow, it hardly ever sticks on the ground). I can't remember my other dreams now, but they were dooseys! It was like a series of unrelated dreams, all in one long sequence.
I feel pretty rested today too, which is a bonus.

6 Comments:

  • I've got it! It's safe in a plastic tub in one of my cupboards, I'll drag it out when we turn 50 and share our ramblings over a bottle of champagne - or whenever we manage to be in the same country!!

    I've not read it in years. GOD knows what is in there

    By Blogger Anna, at Monday, November 27, 2006  

  • I'm glad you have it. I was beginning to think I had lost it :(. I lost my wedding album. How do you lose a wedding album? Maybe I'll find THAT when we're fifty too!

    By Blogger Unknown, at Tuesday, November 28, 2006  

  • How DO you lose a wedding album!

    By Blogger Anna, at Wednesday, November 29, 2006  

  • OK guys. Get your act together and tell me more about your sleeping patterns (and crazy dreams). I have reduced my nightly sleep, not so much by choice but as a result of too much to do. Fortunately I feel heaps better (6 hours is great) and add in the odd nanna nap here and there if I can. Mari, how do you manage your crazy schedule with your gorgeous kids? Very admirable!
    Sleep well, Del

    By Blogger Unknown, at Sunday, December 03, 2006  

  • Sorry Del! Didn't realise we had an audience - that's pretty cool. Will get back onto it and keep you updated!

    By Blogger Anna, at Monday, December 04, 2006  

  • My husband helps soooo much! He never gets tired, either, which is just weird.

    By Blogger Unknown, at Monday, December 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home