Biphasic Sleeping

Friday, November 03, 2006

No Nap For Me Either

Last night I didn't get my nap in. Josh was out working on his movie, and Night's bedtime is 11:00 (whereas mine is 10:00). I didn't think it'd be a problem-I'd just take my nap and wake up later. Well, Night is working on giving up his pacifier, and last night was a tough one for him. So, he not only cried for 1 1/2 hours straight, but he woke up his sister.
I left him in bed and let Keira get up to play in the den until Josh came home. Around 11:45pm (about when I would've been waking up from my nap), I COULDN'T KEEP MY EYES OPEN! Not being able to keep your eyes open with a baby who is just learning to walk is quite dangerous!!
Josh came home and saved us. I don't know when she went to sleep, but she decided to wake up around 5:00 in the morning. Josh had fallen asleep on the couch in the den and didn't hear her, so I woke him up! I reset my alarm for 1 1/2 hours later, testing the sleep cycle theory of 90 minutes. Well, I woke up (and felt refreshed) 2 minutes before my alarm went off!
Not bad.
So I guess when I get woke up mid-cycle, I just need to reset the clock for a full cycle. The problem is whether or not I have that long to sleep before work! Of course, that is just a guess, and maybe I would've felt the same way if I wouldn't have reset the clock (which would have given me about 45 minutes of sleep after being woken by Keira).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home