Biphasic Sleeping

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Catch-up

It's been a while since I wrote, it's been a bit frantic for the last week, plus I've been out of the office for the last two days so not really able to blog.

I've decided biphasic is not 100% practical unless you do not do things in the evenings. So I've developed a kind of dual sleeping pattern which seems to be working for me.

If I can, I head to bed as soon as I get home from work, for about 1hr 45mins, I normally don't fall into a deep sleep during this nap, but still feel refreshed and relaxed. Once up, I make dinner and do stuff until about 12.30 when I head back to bed until my alarm at 7. I'd like to cut back the second sleep to 4.5hrs, but I've been really busy and am scared to be tired at work, I'll try this weekend.

If I can't fit in a nap, I usually sleep for 6hrs only, being in bed for about 6.5 hrs to allow time to fall asleep.

Either way, I'm waking up much better and am not as tired which is brilliant.

I still think it's weird that Tino seems to be more reluctant to get out of bed now, he's not sleeping, he's just not getting up. Which makes it hard, because I then want to get back in with him!

On another note, I was telling a supplier of mine about biphasic, and instead of looking at me like I'm suggesting growing a second head, he's really interested and is going to give it a go. He has a 2 year old and will go to sleep at the same time as him for a nap, then have better quality time with his wife. Pretty cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home