Biphasic Sleeping

Monday, November 06, 2006

I slept for 7 1/2 hours!

I took my normal nap at 10pm; I was a little tired before 10, but I stuck it out till my bed time. I woke up okay at 11:30, and I was kind of tired-not too bad. Around 1:00, Josh commented on how red my eyes were-I was tired!
I went back to bed and slept hard. I didn't get up when my alarm went off at 5:30. I actually reset it to get up at 7. It is weird because I feel like I slept SOOOO much, but then when I look back, it is a normal amount, if not less than a normal amount! I am fine today-I still didn't want to get up, but I was really pushing it by getting up at 7:00-good thing I ironed my clothes after my nap!
At first, I kind of felt like a failure because I slept longer than I was supposed to, but I kept it at a sleep cycle (as best I could--Keira woke up again!) and I was awake alone with Josh. I don't feel too groggy today, so I met all of my expectations for Biphasic Sleeping. I really would like to get my body used to sleeping just 4 1/2 or 6 hours a day. It seems to be taking awhile to adjust, though. I have not been eating right (hello-Halloween!!) or exercising (couldn't wake up!!), or drinking my water (I usually don't-I like coffee and diet coke oh so much better), so I think that might have something to do with it. I'm going to try to be better.

I've yawned twice during this entry. Maybe biphasic sleeping isn't working-but I don't feel tooooo tired. We'll see.

1 Comments:

  • Have you been able to get back into it? Do you find your time with Josh is better now that you are refreshed? That period between nap and sleep is really precious to Tino and I, I love it.

    By Blogger Anna, at Wednesday, November 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home