Biphasic Sleeping

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Back in the saddle again....

...and not that happy about it.

I've done two nights of fitting in sleeping biphasically without fail, but I've been feeling awful waking up from both sleeps. Both evenings I've not been able to nap until at least 9pm.

Given the success last time, I think I've worked out the following:
  • I need to be able to take my first nap early in the evening (preferably being asleep before 7.30)
  • I need the awake period to be substantial - ie more than 2 hours

Otherwise I feel really tired.

Another observation I've made is that when I monophasically sleep, 6 hours is enough, but when I biphasically sleep, I need my second sleep to be 6 hours, meaning I sleep 7.5. Isn't that a bit weird?

1 Comments:

  • How hard have you tried reducing the second sleep? I know that I like having my first sleep be 3 hours, and when it is only 1 1/2 hours, I don't want to get up. I think it is in my head, not that that is enough to make me get up, though!

    By Blogger Unknown, at Wednesday, January 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home