Biphasic Sleeping

Friday, December 29, 2006

Oops!

For the first time since I started biphasic sleeping, I overslept-on accident. Yes, I've overslept on purpose-decided I didn't really need to get up when the alarm went off, but last night, I didn't even hear the alarm. That is very unlike me. Ever since I had the babies, I've been a fairly light sleeper.
I have been setting my cell phone alarm rather than the bedroom alarm because it is a bit quieter, less intrusive to my sleep, and closer when it goes off. I've been doing this for over a week, without any problems. Last night, I was supposed to get up around 12:45am. Josh came in around 2, asking me what was going on. I said I was just waking up-I had heard the alarm about 2 minutes before he came in. He then told me the time-I had been hitting snooze that whole time! I guess the fact that I can't see the time as well on the cell phone made it easier for me to oversleep.
Luckily, it wasn't the alarm for the morning, though I doubt I'd oversleep that one. Of course, that is what I thought about the cell phone alarm...
I ended up just sleeping through the night. Well, that had been my plan until Keira woke up around 3:30. I guess the gods wanted me to sleep biphasically last night after all.

3 Comments:

  • God you are good at this! Although it sounds like Josh never sleeps!!

    Maybe my NY resolution should be to be more disciplined!

    By Blogger Anna, at Friday, December 29, 2006  

  • OK, so new year and an attempt at a new years resolution - biphasic sleeping.

    I have had my first attempt tonight - had a nap just before 8 (as Sean and Ellen went to the movies), then got up and watched Third Watch, did my new exercise dvd (thanks kids) and now I am not tired, so I am procrastinating online. I have to get up for work, so it will soon be shower and bed time.

    So far so good. Not sure it was the most exciting way to spend a kid free night though!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, January 02, 2007  

  • He DOESN'T sleep much! Last night, he got into bed around 3:00 (just as I was in the middle of an episode of 24-he made me turn it off!!). Keira got up less than an hour later. He got back into bed around 6:00. She's been a lot worse lately-like she is OVERtired and can't sleep. Anyway, I hope that Night sleeps in. Poor Josh!

    By Blogger Unknown, at Friday, January 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home