Biphasic Sleeping

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Week in Review

Well, I think my biphasic sleeping has been going okay. It could be better, but I am kind of sticking to a schedule with it, so that is a start.

I absolutely LOVE my nap in the afternoon. I live for it. I think I've finally gotten Night convinced that he doesn't need to come in and check on me every 15 minutes, so I might actually be able to fall asleep. Keira has been taking her naps a little later (it used to be 1:00, now it is 3:30ish), so we are sleeping around the same time. I like that. I've even been able to cuddle with Josh too. I find that I don't sleep as well with Josh there, though. I still get my rest and I like having him close.

My biggest problem is getting up in the mornings. I try to sleep according to the 90 minute cycle, but I'm having a hard time getting up when I had originally planned. I didn't do too badly this morning, but it is really the first morning I've gotten up when I wanted to do so.

I think I've discovered that my sleep cycle is actually closer to 70 minutes rather than 90. I'm still testing this theory, though. I tried to notice the time on the clock when I went to sleep and woke up. It seems that an hour and ten minutes is it-at least that is what I woke up twice last night. Since last night was the only time that I paid attention, I will need to check it some more, but looking back, I do usually wake up before the alarm during my nap, but then I go back to sleep. I had always blamed something else for waking me, but maybe I will feel more refreshed if I just get up after 70 minutes-something to test this afternoon.

Ahh! This afternoon! I'm already looking forward to my nap, and it is only 6:45am!!

1 Comments:

  • On the days that I am fortunate enough to nap, I go to bed when the kids do, around 7.30. I set my alarm for one hour from the time I lay down. I find that if I lay with my eyes closed for a few minutes, it doesn't take me too long to fall asleep.

    I generally manage to wake before the alarm and try to remember what day/time it is. It seems to work for me. I miss the days that I don't nap.

    By Blogger Unknown, at Monday, February 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home