Biphasic Sleeping

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Wavering...

It seems like my biphasic sleeping was going so well--now it's not so much... I took about 4 days off because our schedule was a little bit wonky and I couldn't stick to the sleeping times very well. Also, when I did sleep, my baby (almost toddler-she has been taking a few steps!!) would end up waking up, therefore waking me up.
Anyway, my first day back to normal was Monday-I stuck to my sleep schedule and had lots of energy. I even slept one less sleep cycle, which I had been wanting to try out. Tuesday, I noticed that I got really tired about an hour before my scheduled naptime. I'm thinking this is due to the daylight savings time change. Then, I woke up from my nap and didn't stay up too long-maybe an hour. Then I had a hard time getting up after 3 hours like I had wanted, so I got up after 4 1/2 (one more sleep cycle). It wasn't too bad, but I wasn't very energetic and didn't get much done before work.
Last night, I again got really sleepy early. I went to bed a little before my naptime, but not too early. I got up from my nap and started watching a movie with Josh. I should've known that I couldn't be sedentary right away-I don't know how far into the movie we were when Josh looked at me and told me I should go to bed...
Josh then convinced me that I had lost a lot of sleep when my houseguests were here, and I just needed to catch up. He offered a SHOCKING solution-sleep for 6 hours straight rather than 3 or 4 1/2. At the time, I didn't need much convincing!!
So, I got back into bed and set the alarm for 6:30, giving me 6 hours of sleep. Keira woke up not much later (I don't know the time-I was sleeping!) and I gave her a bottle. This made me wonder-how does it affect my sleep cycle when I am awakened during it? Do I start over with another increment of 30? Or do I just pretend I didn't wake up? Hmm...
Today, I feel a little groggy-not too bad, but not as energetic as I had been previously during biphasic sleeping. I would like to get back on track and be productive during my awake times. That's the goal. It worked before, so it should work again. It kind of feels like a plateau or something...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home