Biphasic Sleeping

Monday, October 30, 2006

London - I can't seem to sleep in the first nap

So far the sleeping is going well, actually it's probably more appropriate to say the awake part is going well, but I'm experiencing two problems.
  1. I don't seem to be able to fall asleep during my first 90 minute nap. I'm not sure if this is a sound thing, or it just takes me quite a while to drift off, I find it takes me at least 1hr to fall asleep meaning I only sleep for about 30 mins. I'll have to try ear plugs for this nap and see if it makes a difference. I'm often grumpy when I first get up from this, and I think it must be down to the fact that I've not slept enough
  2. The second thing I've found is funny given one of the reasons I started sleeping like this is to give myself more time to do things. I run out of time when I'm awake!! It's 11.30pm now and I'm due back in bed at 12.30 already, but I really want to wash my hair, organise my wedding invites into countries to start sending and paint my nails. I'm easing my way into it. I will move to 4.5hrs in my second sleep this weekend and I'm really looking forward to the extra time already!!

This week is going to be interesting, I'm definately seeing the benefits already, but I worry about how this is going to work in reality. It's been fine til now, I've not had anything social on, but this week will be a test, I've got 2 nights out this week, so there will be no napping. I'll try to stick to 6 hr blocks, but I'll miss my nap... We'll see how it goes.

Anna

1 Comments:

  • I agree about running out of awake time! That is the main reason I moved back to 3 hours of sleeping in the second block. I've only done it once, but it really seemed to go well. It is about 2 hours until my nap time, and I'm still feeling pretty good.

    By Blogger Unknown, at Tuesday, October 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home