Biphasic Sleeping

Monday, October 30, 2006

A New Blog is Fun!

Well, I'm in about week three of my biphasic sleeping trial, and I would say it is going very well. I had a little involuntary hiatus, and last night was my first night back. I took 3 days off, and I really missed my biphasic sleeping! I felt pretty tired when I didn't get up in the middle of the night. Weird, huh?
Last night, I went to bed around 11:00; woke up at 12:30; went to bed at 2:30 and got up at 6:30. I was supposed to get up at 6:00, but my husband was cuddling me, so I had to be cuddled-oh the sacrifices we married women make... It was the first night that I went with only 3 hours as my second phase of sleeping rather than 4 1/2. I really enjoyed my time awake! I really could have gotten up at 6:00 without any problem, and I really feel refreshed today! One difference I did notice was that I had a harder time falling asleep the second time than usual. When I say harder time, I mean it took maybe 20 minutes. I usually fall asleep within minutes, and I felt like I needed longer to wind down last night/this morning. I read my book but still didn't quite fall asleep. Then Keira (12 month old) decided to wake up around 3:00, right as I fell asleep, so that kind of put a kink into things, but all was fine!
What did I do during my awake time?
Dishes, laundry (3 cycles!), blog, e-mail, print off pictures and frame them(about 10 pics),pilates, make and drink coffee (I drink about 5 okay: 10 cups a day: it has nothing to do with biphasic sleeping. I just love coffee) ate breakfast, ironed my scrubs, read my book, and watched the news.
Josh didn't stay awake with me after my nap; I think part of the reason was I was mean to him. I was a bit grumpy at the beginning of my return to my sleep schedule. I should be better tonight, so maybe he will stay up and watch a movie or play a game with me. We'll see!


Mari (in Nashville, Tennessee, USA)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home